The girls and boys of Ottenhofen primary school have been busy making and writing Christmas cards, designing a great poster and creating a fun donation box.
The whole project under the motto “healthy school in Ottenhofen – healthy school in Otjiyarwa”. The result of this great campaign raised a donation of impressive 500 euros.
Many thanks to all the little helpers from Ottenhofen Primary School
Vroni Macht from the Erdinger Anzeiger has published a nice article about the campaign
==> Link to the article
It is slowly getting “serious” – almost 2 years have passed from the first idea to today and we achieved
- Visit on site and definition of the project with the “Assembly” (school ministry, local council, parents representation, teachers) of Morukutu Primary School.
- Finding a construction company (Polycare) that convinced the Assembly and us, through sustainable and alternative construction methods, that they were the right construction company for our project.
- Architect’s plans kindly provided by an architect friend and member of the association (Andi).
- Cost calculations by a local main contractor that implements construction projects for the company Polycare (Fortitude).
- Identify foundations to which we have submitted funding applications (we have divided the required funds over several applications) for our project. And as of December 2021, things are already looking pretty good, of the 3 applications, 2 have now been decided positively.
- In February we will be back on site and make some administrative preparations.
- Provided that all the funds (funding from foundations and our NGO’s own funds) are secured, we will build the Dining Hall in the Morukutu Primary School in the second half of 2022 – we are really excited and can hardly wait for it to finally start. Please keep your fingers crossed for all of us that the financing will work out. The students of the Morukutu School would be really happy if they could finally eat sitting at a chair and a table and not as is currently the case on the ground in the sand all over the year regardless any weather conditions.
On 1 December 2021 we met for our 3rd general NGO Assembly meeting. The board reported on the activities of the last two years and informed all members about the planned projects. The auditors discharged the board, after which the election of the new board took place. Nicole Schley unfortunately did not run for the board again, as she does not have enough time for the work in the association due to her many tasks, among others as mayor of Ottenhofen. We would like to take this opportunity to thank her very much for her support since the foundation of our school partnership. Of course, Nicole will continue to support us wherever necessary.
We were able to win Uli Stiegler as a new member of the board. Uli has been a member of the NGO for some time, has already supported us with project tenders and takes on the role of vice-chairman in the newly elected board. We wish Uli a lot of success in his new role!
Here is the newly elected Board of Directors from December 2021
Martina Zoglowek – Vorsitzende
Uli Stiegler – stellv. Vorsitzender
Claudia Einsiedler – Schatzmeisterin
Thomas Hameter – Schriftführer
Anna Zoglowek – Beisitzerin
Edgar Wilinski – Beisitzer
from left Uli, Thomas, Claudia, Anna, Martina, Edgar
We wish the new board all the best and a lot of drive for the next two years. There are a lot of exciting projects waiting for us.
Ottenhofen, December 2021